The NCCOS Competitive Research Program (CRP) is providing travel funding for 11 U. S. students and post-docs to attend the 18th International Conference on Harmful Algae (ICHA) in Nantes France, October 21-26, 2018. The students are conducting research on various aspects of harmful algal bloom (HABS), both marine and freshwater.
The eleven students/post-docs hail from the following institutions:
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Technology
- Stony Brook University
- University of California at San Diego/Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- University of Delaware
- University of South Alabama/Dauphin Island Sea Lab
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Vermont
The ICHA is the worldwide forum on all topics concerning the understanding of the causes, evolution and impacts of harmful micro-algae and cyanobacteria. The students and post-docs are presenting their research via oral presentations and posters. Many of the student’s advisors are current or former CRP sponsored scientists. The eleven NCCOS students join other students from around the world.
For more information, contact Quay.Dortch@noaa.gov.