As a volunteer intern, you will work with NOAA’s Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS), Communications and Stewardship team to enhance visibility of responsible recreation opportunities in national marine sanctuaries. This is an opportunity to explore sanctuary connections to the outdoor recreation and ecotourism industries in both public and private sectors. You will assist in ensuring that ONMS place-based conservation efforts are recognized and publicized in local, regional, and national scales.
Relevant support tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Research and track visitor service amenities at sanctuary public access points
• Needs assessment for interpretive signs serving tourists
• Production of factsheets, articles, and websites for recreational user groups and diverse audiences
• Outreach to travel bloggers and convention and visitors bureaus
• Collection/organization of multi-media assets
• Attendance at agency staff meetings”