This opportunity will support the NOAA Cooperative Oxford Laboratories onsite reef habitat monitoring and observation systems and the shellfish research portfolio by:
- Updating continuous monitoring station autonomous data collection and telemetry operations.
- Engineering, installation, and test operations of a remote underwater reef camera and transmit collected imagery to the adjacent laboratory.
- Supporting research oyster hatchery operations.
Duties and responsibilities: The student will do one or more of the following:
- Edit existing datalogger programs to update continuous monitoring station operations.
- Lead the installation and setup of an underwater camera and associated wireless telemetry equipment.
- Remotely operate the above mentioned camera and establish procedures for collecting video and still imagery of reef associated fauna.
- Assist with vessel and SCUBA diving operations.